Pan European strategic evaluation, change planning and subsequent implementation.
The job was to migrate the business in Europe from a country-based organisation (effectively 7 separate businesses) to a product-based organisation for 3 product streams covering all countries. The Client had worked with a large accounting based consultancy and needed to focus on how the recommendations from a strategic review were to be implemented. The need was recognised for a team who understood strategy, but who could also do a solid ‘hands on’ implementation job.
Having worked with the accounting based consulting firm to develop the strategy, Click-On Logistics were engaged to implement the supply chain strategy across Europe. The work undertaken included the following steps:
- Develop the business case for change in the European operations and sell the solution to the senior management team
- Establish an implementation programme and project organisation
- Set-up and internal reporting mechanism that included review forums to monitor project progress
- Recruit senior managers in Supply Chain Management to develop and enhance the internal organisation
- Rationalise the distribution infrastructure
- Development of a change programme for country-based facilities, and establish local service platforms where needed
- Centralise a specialised product operation from all individual country markets – effectively a pilot for the large scale change
- Manage an improvements programme at the distribution operation with the incumbent third party contractor
- Negotiate exit conditions from the third party contract in mid-term due to poor performance
- Implement a new in-house European distribution centre in The Netherlands
For more information on this or other case studies please email email@example.com.